Sunday, August 4, 2019

There and Back Again

I couldn't help it. The title just fit perfectly.

11 years ago I published my first book, The Dragon Child. It was a whirlwind of emotions - the joy of holding my first book, book signings, fans, and messages.

Now, 11 years later, The Dragon Child has been laid to rest. In its place is now the book called The Phoenix Host. (Huh? Doubly fitting here, since it is a book birthed from the ashes of The Dragon Child.) Not only is there a new book, but there are actually two books in the series called The Roanfire Saga!

I have learned so much in that time. I've made more friends, talented authors that support and encourage me. I've discovered that my art is indeed valuable. I've moved, traveled, and had three children. I don't know how I've managed to write in this chaotic time, but I am grateful that I have. It is my outlet and my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment